Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dreams do come true!!!

There are things that you dream of all your life that you think will never happen.  Things you hope for, pray for, long for, but never really think you will achieve or have.  When those things happen there is nothing to do but rejoice in God's perfect plan and abundant grace.

Growing up, my mom took us to Old Town Spring every Sunday morning for donuts.  We would park somewhere along the street and eat before going to church.  It has always been a special place to me and I hoped there would be someone, somewhere that would love it as much as I did.  I have never told anyone because I knew most would think I was a weirdo.  :)

Today I agreed to marry someone.  He is not the man of my dreams.  He is more than I ever could have hoped for, more than I ever could have even thought to ask for...he loves me.  He loves my son.  He fits in my family.  He reads me and my thoughts like a book and accepts them all.  He is safe and comfortable.  He challenges me to do more and different things.

Today in Old Town Spring, I got engaged!  This man, who is more than I hoped for, asked me to be his wife.  He had a photographer because I love pictures.  I believe he is part of God's perfect plan for my life, and for Cal's life.

So today I rejoice in the answers to dreams that I never even had the hope of having, and cannot stop smiling about the dreams of my heart coming true!!

1 comment: